Erectile dysfunction (ED) is the inability to achieve and maintain an erection during sexual activity. Taking erectile dysfunction medication can help in overcoming this problem but finding the right drug that works for you may be tedious. Many men find it difficult to seek professional help and speak openly about their ED problems. But without the right treatment, the problem cannot cure itself and it may lead to other health issues or problems in relationships with partners. Some men who do not take care of their sexual wellness are at higher risk of developing prostate cancer. The problem may also just be psychological, and taking just a few ED pills will help in regaining confidence.
One of the prominent drugs available for the treatment of ED is Cialis, which is the brand name for the drug Tadalafil. The drug is a PDE5 inhibitor and it can actively assist in achieving and maintaining an erection throughout the period of sexual activity. Knowing how to take the drug well can enhance its effects. While some pills may be enhanced by drinking alcohol, taking Cialis with any alcoholic substance is contraindicated. To know why this is so and what other tips can boost the effects of Cialis, keep reading further.
How does Cialis work?
Among all the drugs that are currently available for ED, Cialis is the only drug that has longer lasting effects and can be taken as a once-daily medication. The drug works by relaxing the blood vessels and thereby increasing the blood flow. The rush of blood to the penile area helps in developing an erection and maintaining it until the end of the sexual activity. Sexual stimulation is required to feel the drug’s effectiveness. The properties of Tadalafil enable it to have a fast drug onset time of around thirty minutes. The drug’s effects can last in the system for eighteen to thirty hours, which is longer than the other pills approved for treating ED. Cialis is available in dosage strengths of 2.5 mg, 5 mg, 10 mg, and 20 mg. Taking the minimum dose or a mild dose initially will help to assess which is the right dosage for you. Since it is a prescription medication, it is imperative to do a thorough health check before taking the pills and no self-medicate. Doing so would be advisable in order to avoid potential side effects and other health hazards. Chemists who offer online prescription drugs also enable people to access Cialis to treat ED.
Tips for better efficacy with Cialis
A few useful tips on how best to take Cialis will make the drug more effective and also prevent any unwarranted drug interactions. Minimizing the risk of adverse reactions will boost the efficacy of the drug.
- Tadalafil may also be prescribed for persons who have high blood pressure. Hence, those with a low blood pressure may feel a reduction in blood pressure as the drug dilates the blood vessels.
- Alcohol is also a blood-pressure lowering agent. Mixing the drug with alcohol can cause very harmful effects. The inconsistent changes in blood pressure can damage the arteries, heart, and other internal organs.
- The other precaution with Tadalafil is that it should never be taken along with grapefruit. This combination can also produce harmful effects.
- The drug reacts with the natural nitrates produced in the body to help achieve an erection. If you are taking any other nitrate drugs, they can combine to interact dangerously.
- The ED pill can be taken with or without food. Consuming healthy food that is less oily and low-fat can enhance the potency of the drug.
- Take the drug only once in a day. Since its effects last for longer hours, the person can indulge in sexual activity any time after taking the pill.